Although all veterinary practices have to provide 24 hour cover many sub-contract out their emergency pet service. We’re proud to be one of the very few that doesn’t. Our in-house emergency vet service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you are registered with us and your pet needs emergency care, the duty vet will have their detailed medical file at hand immediately – ensuring we can react to each situation faster and with better understanding.
Not registered with a Leicestershire vets practice or with us?
Don’t worry, we’ll simply charge an emergency registration fee in addition to any consultation and treatment fees. With the emergency pet cover, simply make an appointment to register with our Coalville animal surgery.
What to do in an emergency: the checklist
It’s easy to say but do try to stay calm: your pet will sense your distress, not feel the reassurance he or she needs.
- Call Cockburn emergency vets Leicestershire on 01530 836654 first – don’t come directly to the practice.
- Our duty vet will advise you on what to do next based on what you tell us so try to give us much detail as you can; we’re good listeners and will ask the right questions.
- If possible, have a pen and paper handy so you can write down any instructions.
- We may ask you to come into the surgery – not because we don’t visit clients but because in an emergency our vets may need access to the facilities in our Coalville animal surgery.
- Our duty vet may be able to resolve the situation with reassuring advice – but do be ready to come in.
When we’ve dealt with your emergency, we’ll either ask you to make a follow-up appointment at our Leicestershire vets practice during regular surgery hours – or simply update your pet’s file so that we will know what has happened next time you visit us.