We know that regular, accessible preventative health care can make a real difference to keeping your pet healthy and happy. That’s why we offer a full range of cat, dog and rabbit vaccinations.
We believe annual cat vaccinations and dog vaccinations, along with a vet check-up from our Coalville vets practice are an essential part of keeping your furry friend healthy for life: head to toe and nose to tail. As a client, you’re as important to us as the companions we care for: have your pet vaccinated with us every 12 months and we guarantee you on-going access to our emergency service at a discounted rate.
Cat Vaccinations & Dog Vaccinations
That’s why our initial cat vaccination & dog vaccination courses for kittens and puppies under 12 months of age includes:
- Course of 2 injections covering Flu, Enteritis and Leukaemia for kittens and Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus and Leptospirosis in puppies
- A FREE worming treatment and a FREE flea treatment (worth a minimum of £11.64)
- One month’s FREE pet insurance cover (terms & conditions may apply)
- Our very own puppy or kitten information pack, packed with information about caring for your new pet’s health
- Access to our Coalville animal surgery Emergency service at a DISCOUNTED rate for 24/7 peace of mind
- All for just £51.79 for puppies and £42.84 for flu and enteritis or £60.84 to also include Leukaemia vaccination for kittens.
There are two fatal diseases affecting rabbits for against which you must have your doe or buck vaccinated. Likely you’ll have heard of myxomatosis – but there’s also rabbit viral haemorrhagic disease (VHD). Both are transmitted by insects like rabbit fleas or midges, other infected rabbits and can be carried on clothing or footwear.
Rabbit VHD: caused by the insect-borne calicivirus, symptoms include depression, anorexia, lethargy leading to breathing difficulties, difficulties clotting, nasal bleeding, convulsions, coma and then death.
While they are awful conditions, don’t be alarmed. A simple annual rabbit vaccination removes the risk and protects your pet.
Vaccinating rabbits; our Top Tips
- We’ll vaccinate your rabbit each year for both diseases using a combined vaccine ahead of the summer months when fleas, midges and mosquitoes are most active.
- We can give the first rabbit vaccination at just five weeks of age when it’s still a kit (youngster).
- Pregnant does or breeding bucks require a different vaccination routine for both diseases so please speak to your vet.
- If you also have cats they must to be treated for fleas to prevent any cross-infection.
Need advice on rabbit vaccination? Call us on 01530 836654 at our Coalville animal surgery during opening hours. We’ll be pleased to help.